B.Voc in Agricuture & Farming Technology course is a 3-year program that consists of a combination of Practical, Theory courses. The 3-year program will be divided into 6 semesters (2 Sem a Year). Agriculture Certificate course is a job-oriented course. There is a good future prospect in this field. The course is prepared in a way so that the students can know how to do crop production, which chemicals, fertilizers will be good for good quality crop production.
- B.Voc. Agriculture Organic Farming
- B.Voc. Agriculture Floriculture & Landscaping
10+2 or equivalent, in any stream. They must have a minimum aggregate of 55% in any stream.
30 seats in each subject
Future Prospect of the Course
- To acquire knowledge on importance of agriculture and various types of farming.
- To acquaint with importance, division and classification of horticultural crops and to understand the basic principles and types of plant propagation.
- To familiarize with fundamentals of water management and to acquaint with various soil conservation methods.
- To build theoretical foundation in plant tissue culture and biotechnology and to develop knowledge on the theoretical basis of integrated pest management and also to familiarize with protected cultivation structures and cultivation practices.
- To understand the general characters of weeds and their management and to acquaint with cultivation of rice, fibre crops, fodder crops, etc.
- To acquire the fundamentals of live stock farming and to understand various aspects of environmental microbiology and biotechnology, to describe various aspects of food and dairy microbiology.
- To understand various principles and practices of commercial vegetable production and also to have a look on various commercial enterprises in agricultural sector through observation, field visits and presentation and also to familiarize with the concept of sustainability and sustainable development along with organic farming.
- Knowledge of weather codes and symbols, Reading and Recording of weather and climatic data. To get trained for climatologically records, soil data and soil nutrition.
- To develop practical skill in propagation and cultivation aspects of horticultural crops (Floriculture & Landscaping).
- This Programme will also help student to enhance their employment for job in different sectors.