What Will Happen Next?
FIFA on Monday suspended the All India Football Federation (AIFF) immediately as a result of “undue interference from third parties.” The Under-17 Women’s World Cup, which was scheduled to take place in India from October 11–30, would likewise be unable to take place as planned due to the ban.
- India won’t participate in AFC Asian Cup 2023, the Philippines will be an alternative.
- FIFA’s bylaws state that member federations must be free from government and political intervention in their home nations.
- Other national associations have already been suspended by FIFA due to incidents like this in the past.
- “FIFA is hopeful that a favorable outcome to the issue may still be achieved and is in constant and constructive contact with the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports in India.”
- The suspension will be lifted once the committee of administrators will be established to take over the duties of AIFF executive committee. And AIFF has complete control over the organization’s operations.
The FIFA suspension has a wide impact as our national teams will not be able to play in the international matches as well as in the continental tournaments. Only AIFF complete adherence to the FIFA statutes will allow ban lifting in the future