Masters of Pathology is a postgraduate degree program, devoted to the investigation of aetiological agents and their origins. The course have been designed to impart knowledge and understanding of the detailed aspects of the subject to gain professional competence in the arena of Pathology (Histopathology, Cytopathology & Immunopathology). Students will be equipped with the skills and expertise in carrying out all pathology related routine and sophisticated medical diagnostic procedures efficiently and to instill qualities for effective management of a Medical Lab independently and do research work.
The postgraduate student is required to participate in lectures, brief discussions, case studies, journal club presentations, and clinical assignment. Work in the lab experiments and dissertations are all part of academic training.
Future Prospect of the Course:
Graduates have immense opportunities to establish their career in different spheres after completion of the course. The academic and technical proficiencies of the technician determine the job opportunities in this area. Graduates have numerous scopes of working as Phlebotomist, Medical Laboratory Technologist, Clinical Laboratory Technician, Lab Technologist, Biochemist and Medical Phlebotomist, Clinical Laboratory Technologist, Medical Laboratory Technician. A skilled and efficient graduate in this field is liable to acquire challenging positions in different hospitals in public or private sectors such as emergency centres, blood donor centres, laboratories, etc.The scope of this course is very wide. After BSc MLT course, candidates have ample of great opportunities in many fields anywhere in the world. The scope linked to the course includes the following:
• A career in this field is amongst the most challenging and satisfying careers in today’s market. Everyday, a technician/technologist gets to learn something new, which is great for their career.
• A number of Medical Laboratory Technicians can find employment in pathology labs, research labs, urology labs, pharmaceutical sector, hospitals and in many other areas.
• Apart from the above opportunities, an aspirant can also pursue a career in the education field as a lecturer. With passing years, the course has multiplied in terms of what a student learns during the course, thereby multiplying the scope as well. The scope has significantly expanded and a number of opportunities have been on the rise.
• The Medical Laboratory Technology field includes areas such as blood banking, clinical chemistry, haematology, immunology, microbiology, cytotechnology, urine analysis, blood sampling, etc. There are innumerable fields that can serve as suitable career options for the graduates.
• BSc MLT provides ample job opportunities in the healthcare sector. Every hospital and healthcare sector needs clinical lab technicians to detect problems and diseases affecting the patients. Hence, it is creating more job opportunities for the graduates of BSc MLT. Medical Laboratory Technology profession has a positive impact on people’s health.
Career Options (Job titles) in MLS
Areas where MLS Candidates can work
- Medical research Institutions
- Veterinary Pharmaceutical
- Blood Bank
- Food Laboratories
- Hospital Surveillance
- Public Health
- Veterinary Medical Allied Health
- Lab Procurement
- Water and Biotechnology Companies
- Environmental Organizations
- Entrepreneurships (After obtaining license, the candidate can acquire the work permit as per Govt. of India or State Govt. Norms)
- Medical Lab Technologist
- Medical Laboratory Technologist
- Technical Officer (MLS)
- Senior Technical Officer (MLS)
- Chief Technical Officer (MLS)
- Medical Laboratory Scientist (Grade B)/ Clinical Laboratory Demonstrator
- Laboratory Manager
- Lab Supervisor
- Medical Representative/Sales Promotion Manager
- Sales Promotion Officer
- Medical Microbiologist
- Biomedical Scientist
- Medical Analyst
- Instructor in veterinary Medical Allied Health
- Assistant Professor
- Associate Professor