SCHOOL OF EDUCATION
YEARS OF ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE
LPA HIGHEST PACKAGE OFFERED
ABOUT SCHOOL OF
The School of Education prepares the students with the future ready skills paving towards a successful career.Our programs are designed to nurture critical thinking and to create empathetic and creative leaders.
- Focus on technology embedded teaching learning.
- Partnership with Top Global Universities
- Experiential and participative learning
- Structured internships with top schools
Dr Inderpreet Kaur
Dean University School of Social Sciences & Education
MESSAGE FROM THE DEAN
27+ Publications in National and International Journals, 19
Chapters in Edited Books, 03 Books Edited, 68 Paper presentation in National and International Conferences and Seminars
Bestowed with Various Awards
• Empowering Women Empowering Humanity Award by IEEE.
• Best Teacher Award for outstanding achievement in the field of education by Indian Society for Technical Education
• Award of Excellence for Exceptional contribution in the field of Education by Confederation of Education Excellence
• Life member of Indian Science Congress Association.
• Life member of Association for Development of Teaching, Education and Learning (ADTEL)
• Life member of Indian Society for Training and Development (ISTD)
• Member of Indian Sociological Society. (O/SM-M-04342018)
Program's Offered @ School of Education
PG Diploma in Guidance and Counselling
Program Duration: 1 year
Eligibility: Bachelor’s Degree of minimum 3 years duration from recognized University and Obtained at least 50% marks (45% in case of candidates belonging to reserved category) in the qualifying Examination.
Program Duration: 4 years
Eligibility: Aspirant should have 10+2 from any recognized state/national board with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as subjects with minimum 50% aggregate marks (45% in case of candidates belonging to reserved category) .
Program Duration: 4 years
Eligibility: Aspirant should have 10+2 with 50% marks (45% in case of candidates belonging to reserved category)
B.Ed (Bachelor of Education)
Program Duration: 2 years
Eligibility: Aspirant should have Bachelor’s Degree of Minimum 3 years duration in any discipline from University Recognized by UGC with minimum 50% aggregate marks in qualifying examination (45% in case of candidate belonging to reserved category) OR Post Graduate Degree of Minimum 2 years duration in any discipline from University Recognized by UGC with minimum 50% aggregate marks in qualifying examination
M.Ed (Master of Education)
Program Duration: 2 years
Eligibility: Aspirant should have B.Ed from University Recognized by UGC with minimum 50% aggregate marks (45% in case of candidates belonging to reserved category)
Program Duration: Min 3 years
Eligibility Criteria: Master’s degree in Education or equivalent in a relevant discipline with 55 % marks in aggregate or CGPA of 6.0 on a 10 point scale for general category. For SC and ST candidates there will be a relaxation of 5% in the minimum aggregate marks or CGPA of 0.5 on a 10 point scale.
WHY STUDY AT
Trained Graduate Teachers in Govt & Private Sectors
- Kendriya Vidyalaya
- Navodaya Vidyalaya
- All Govt Schools
Educational Technology Companies
- Ed Tech
- Social Worker
BUILDING THE BETTER FUTURE
Rayat-Bahra University is the bridge between our meritorious students and prestigious multinational companies. We have professional teams such as in-house training team, placement team, training partners, assessment agencies, career counselors, industry training partner and entrepreneur development team, who help students meet every challenge head on.
Visited Rayat Bahra Group for Placement
486 Engineering & Technology
370 Management & Computer Applications
75 Hotel Management
61 Pharm & Health Sciences
33 Law & Education
SHINING STARS OF THE DEPARTMENT
Students Who Have Cleared Teachers Eligibility Test:
WHAT STUDENT'S SAY
ADMISSION OPEN 2022-23
FOR MORE INFORMATION CALL AT 97800-40777, 98888-06027
We prepare teachers for 21st Century schools with state of the Art infrastructure.
The institute has the following general and method laboratories available for the students to use:
- Smart Classrooms.
- Computer Laboratory.
- Language Laboratory.
- Library with rich collection
- Psychology Resource Centre.
- Information and Communication Technology Resource Centre.
- Science and Home Science Resource Centre.
- Mathematics Resource Centre.
- Social Science Resource Centre.
- Art and Craft Resource Centre.
Each general and method laboratory has a teacher in-charge who ensures maintenance of the equipments and other facilities.
- Computer laboratory has a full time computer instructor.
- Centralized facilities of maintenance of equipment by the trained technician /personnel are available.
- The enhancement and up gradation of the equipment and laboratory is done regularly to keep abreast with latest equipment/facilities for various laboratories by the institute and management.
Learning Facilitation Lab
- Total Number of Books: 11352
- Total Number of Titles: 3525
- Total Number of Reference Books: 940
- Encyclopedias: 16
- No. of Magazines: 11
- No. of Newspapers: 05
- Dissertations: 140
- Monographs: 195
- Digital Material (CD’s): 278
- Synopsis of Faculty of Education Panjabi university Patiala (year 2012, 14 & 15)
Journals Acquired For the College: 15 (National= 14 and International=1)
- Recent Researches in Psychology (Life Time Subscription) – (Quarterly)
- Edutrack (Life Time Subscription) – (Monthly)
- University News – (Weekly)
- Indian Education Review – (Quarterly)
- Indian Educational Abstracts – (Quarterly)
- Alberta Journal of Education and Research – (Tri-Annually)
- Journal of Indian Education – (Tri-Annually)
- School Science – (Quarterly)
- Bhartiya Adhunik Shiksha – (Quarterly)
- The Primary Teacher – (Quarterly)
- Primary Shiksha – (Quarterly)
- Journal of All India Association for Education Research – (Life time)
- Anweshika – (Half Yearly)
- Journal of Social Sciences (Life Time Subscription) – (Tri-Annually)
- Journal of community guidance & counseling (Life Time Subscription) – (Half Yearly)
Membership of DELNET scince-2007, & N-list since-2010
Applied for subscription of 4 online journals from Wiley Blackwell in 2015
- British Journal of Educational Research
- Review of Education
- Research World
- School Science & Mathematics
- India Today – (Weekly)
- National Geographic – (Monthly)
- Competition Refresher – (Monthly)
- Outlook – (Weekly)
- Reader’s Digest – (Monthly)
- Greh Shobha – (Monthly)
- Meri Saheli – (Monthly)
- Sports Star – (Weekly)
- Women’s Era – (Bi-Monthly)
- Preet ladi – (Monthly)
- Seminar – (Monthly)
News Papers: 5
- The Tribune
- Hindustan Times
- Amar Ujala
- Punjabi Tribune
- Employment news
In library of University School of Education, we have 137 dissertations and 171monographs have been added to the library till the session 2011-12. Five new computers have been installed in the library for creating a digital library. Students will have access to online magazines, newspapers and various e-books related to the field of education through DELNET. We have the subscription of N-List (INFLIBNET) from the month of June 2012.
Highlights of University School of Education’s Library
- Spacious, well ventilated and comfortable with the sitting of 100
- All books have been classified as per DDC 18th addition.
- Technical processing of each and every book has been done.
- OPAC for book search is available.
- Library catalogue displayed on College’s website.
- All books have been marked with their rack numbers for correct replacement.
- Four National Journals as well as 1 International Journal is subscribed by our library. We are planning to subscribe 4 more online journals in this session.
- Back Volumes of all journals subscribed by our library have been maintained since 2005.
- Book Bank Facility is being provided to economically weak students since inception of the college. Five books to each student are issued for an entire session. Since 2006, sixty-four students have been benefited with the service.
- Best Library Reader Award is given to two students one from B.Ed and one from M.Ed on the annual function day.
- Inter College Competitions for the library on various themes are organized every year since 2012.
- All the Educational Surveys and Commission Reports which are vital for research work in the field of education are available in the library.