Rayat Bahra University follows semester system along with choice based credit system as per latest guidelines of UGC. Ph.D. Agriculture is a doctorate course in Agriculture. The course is duration of 3 years and it is a full-time course. It is a research-based course. In the PhD Agriculture period, the candidates get to Research based ideas. This course mainly covers areas like Agronomy, Horticulture, Genetics and Plant Breeding, plant physiology, soil sciences, Plant Pathology, etc. The students come to know about the fundamentals of agriculture and crop production. In order to be eligible for a PhD Agriculture course, a candidate will have to complete his/her Master’s degree in a related field with a minimum of 50% marks. Rayat Bahra University has designed its own eligibility criteria. The admission is either on the basis of the marks acquired by a student in the entrance test or on the basis of their performance in the master degree course.
- Ph.D.Agriculture Agronomy
- Ph.D.Agriculture Horticulture
- Ph.D.Agriculture Plant Pathology and Nematology
M.Sc. Agriculture (2 year Program) in related field from a Recognized University with minimum 50% Marks.
5 seats in each subject
Future Prospect of the Course
- Ph.D Agriculture Agronomy
On completion of this program, students will be able to get awesome salary packages ranging between INR 3 LPA and INR 10 LPA, depending on students expertise in the field. PhD Agronomy graduates have high demand in different mounting areas like Agriculture Sectors, Research Scientist, Food Processing Plants, Fertilizer Companies, Manure Industries, Educational Institutes Organic Farming, FMCG Companies etc.
- Ph.D. Agriculture Horticulture
A Ph.D. in Horticulture opens up various career options for graduates. Here are some of the job profiles:-
- Career Options
- Research Scientist
- Agriculture Scientist
- Crop Consultant
- Agricultural Consultant
Ph.D Agriculture Plant Pathology and Nematology
- As India is an Agrarian Country the future of PhD Plant Pathology will always be secured wherein, they need not worry about their employment.
- A desirous candidate can opt for research-based jobs or further studies
- He/She may either work at various Plant laboratories or can conduct their own research
- Students can invest their time in discovering new technologies to improve crop production.
- Students can teach at various Colleges/Institutes.
- Students can apply for Government Posts for which they may have to clear an additional exam conducted by the government.